Thursday, January 10, 2013

12-gauge tactical goodness.

Had the opportunity to shoot a gun today. Always is a fun event.

But today, I'll tell you one thing; shooting a pistol-grip 12-gauge tactical shotgun one-handed (yes, one-handed) will make you look Slyvester Stalone-esque macho awesome for about three seconds. Then, about a minute later when feeling comes back to your hand, you'll wish it didn't because then you've got a little cut on a knuckle, a bruise in your palm, and possibly a pulled muscle in your thumb. You people just have no idea how much a Mossberg model 500 (a comparatively light weight and short-barrelled pump-action shotgun) will kick with No.6 ammo: a lot. 

It seems almost every gun I shoot cuts my skin in some way. Then again, it doesn't seem to happen to anyone else, so it must be that my hands are delicate or something...?

Apologies for the relative brevity of this post; I know I said this will be the repository of rants too long for facebook, but I'd rather not strain my shooting hand for a few days. It's kind of sore.

Remember: the moral of the story here is that shotguns rule! :D

_BlueScreen, 201301101620

No comments:

Post a Comment