Thursday, January 24, 2013

A few random thoughts.

For mood music: Demon Hunter: Fading Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaRVDbd_iSA

...For someone born and raised in the south, I don't very much enjoy the company of stereotypical country bumpkins.... Note that there actually aren't that many around here, but they do indeed exist.

...The campus is almost deserted because of the holiday weekend. Hardly any cars in the parking lots around here. The only difference between day and night now is the color of the sky and the presence of joggers. Thanks to said Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, I've got a three-day weekend to enjoy (thus the desertedness of campus). At least something good came out of the Civil Rights movement.

...I've also noticed that the main social group I've been in and greatly enjoyed is busting apart; be it graduating from college or relationships dragging them away, this group is more or less dissolved. I'm in other groups, yes, but this one I enjoyed the company of most. Sometimes, you just have to heave a heavy sigh and start again with new friends.

The problem is, I've had enough of making new friends; I want closer ones. On a more positive note, over the past few days, I've made the acquaintance of five new people. Maybe they can lead me to new social groups who have more time before they have to go away...?

Also, since there is little homework for me to do currently (that'll change very soon), I've been debating with a couple of people on Facebook about the topic of creationism versus evolution and another about gun ownership rights and the second amendment. It's a lot of effort to do so, and I'm always surprised by what people will believe without logically analyzing things for themselves. I couldn't imagine such an existence: accepting things around them and not questioning their factual basis...? No offense intended toward anyone, but I wonder why some people stick to incorrect views even in the face of irrefutable logic and evidence?

Anyway, the hand is doing much better now; thanks for asking.

[It actually took until 20120124 in order to post this because of spotty internet access.]

_BlueScreen, 20130121 [I'm dropping the time-of-day numbers from the date stamp; it's too much effort to keep doing it and it doesn't offer much useful information anyway.]

No comments:

Post a Comment